DMsGuild Classic
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Quote Originally Posted by franzvonwittelsbach View Post
    I think this should be sticky and evident somewhere...
    Yep, already done. Here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome to the forums and FG Community!
    Paul Grosse
    PCGen BoD
    PR Silverback

Thank you guys!

Now that all is set up, I loaded the Symbaroum campaign, "The promised land", and put a password as usual.

I just run the test with one of my players, he put my no-ip alias, which is liedl.ddns.net, and the password which I gave him, and all was fine!
    Last edited by franzvonwittelsbach; April 8th, 2019 at 15:53. Reason: question resolved

Of course I first had to activate the batch file and to keep it open, and I was forgetting

But beside that, everything was fine. Thank you so much gandhi39!!!
    Last edited by franzvonwittelsbach; April 8th, 2019 at 15:55. Reason: question resolved

My final request for gandhi39 and all those savvy with this method: if running the batch it says "x packages can be updated, y updates are security updates, system restart required", do I want to ignore it or do I want to update? What are the command to update and to restart system?

I wrote "sudo apt-get update" and looks like updating but the above writing remains...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracones View Post
    Hey guys. Where I live I have about 3 firewalls I have to go through before I hit the internet and have no way to configure 2 of them. So I'm one of those guys that can't easily publish port 1802 to the world for players to connect in to my home computer.

I also have a small public Linux server I use for hosting and I've been toying around with ways to publish 1802 on that server and tunnel the connection back into my Windows PC running Fantasy Grounds. I found a pretty easy way to do this with Putty and SSH tunneling and wrote up a little howto guide for it: Using Putty to bypass firewalls for Fantasy Grounds

The end result being players should be able to type in "tarsis.org"(my server) for the host game to join and it'll route through to my home computer, simply by me logging into my remote server with Putty. I haven't run any full games doing this yet, I've just done local testing using multiple instances of FG, but it seems to be working pretty well so far.
    Thanks for this method. It has worked well for me when AT&T started to aversely react to the inbound 1802 on their router with no way to configure a work around.
    -Mark

Thread Information