Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
  1. #1041
    Hey thank you so much for the help. I started DnD in high school about 15yrs ago with AD&D and swapped to Pathfinder a bit after graduation. For the past 3yrs I have been GM for several 5E campaigns and with the quarantine I swapped to virtual. I have never ran a Gurps campaign but it is the only system that fits into a campaign I have been wanting to run so here I am ready to try out a different system to keep the love for ttrpgs going.

  2. #1042

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by theshakey01 View Post
    Hey thank you so much for the help. I started DnD in high school about 15yrs ago with AD&D and swapped to Pathfinder a bit after graduation. For the past 3yrs I have been GM for several 5E campaigns and with the quarantine I swapped to virtual. I have never ran a Gurps campaign but it is the only system that fits into a campaign I have been wanting to run so here I am ready to try out a different system to keep the love for ttrpgs going.
    Welcome! If you need any help with the ruleset, there are several people here able to assist you to climb the learning curve.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  3. #1043
    Quote Originally Posted by theshakey01 View Post
    Hey thank you so much for the help. I started DnD in high school about 15yrs ago with AD&D and swapped to Pathfinder a bit after graduation. For the past 3yrs I have been GM for several 5E campaigns and with the quarantine I swapped to virtual. I have never ran a Gurps campaign but it is the only system that fits into a campaign I have been wanting to run so here I am ready to try out a different system to keep the love for ttrpgs going.
    Welcome! I've been running with GURPS ever since Steve Jackson Games published its forerunner: Man to Man. So there are a few of us here who are long-in the tooth with the system itself over the years.

    I only started to get interested in VTT over the Covid-19 lockdown in the spring and found this awesome bunch of people generating GURPS support. They are very helpful in bringing people up to speed on how to run the game with FG. So feel free to engage as you need.

  4. #1044
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre Moto View Post
    Welcome! I've been running with GURPS ever since Steve Jackson Games published its forerunner: Man to Man. So there are a few of us here who are long-in the tooth with the system itself over the years.

    I only started to get interested in VTT over the Covid-19 lockdown in the spring and found this awesome bunch of people generating GURPS support. They are very helpful in bringing people up to speed on how to run the game with FG. So feel free to engage as you need.
    Long in the tooth? Speak for yourself.... and get off my lawn! * shakes cane in your direction *

    Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to plop morecore overtop of the Gurps (or visa versa; I'm not sure what would take priority - or if they would fight over things)? It LOOKS useful, but i can see some things that might conflict with some of the GURPS functionallity (abilities for example)
    Anybody want a peanut!

  5. #1045
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    #1. Yes they can. You need to enter them into the Items, Traits, and Skills lists within FG and not on the individual characters. You can then Export these into custom modules you can load within your other campaigns.

    #2. The GURPS ruleset doesn't have official support from SJG, so you can't buy modules with this content ready to go. We ALL wish we could. Maybe one day. The good news is you can easily create these modules yourself using utilities created by people in this community. See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-n-drop-items)

    Side note: Use GCA or GCS and import your characters into FG. It's a huge time saver.

    Hope that helps.

    Thanks for the above info, very helpful.

    Going thru the videos has got me going on the way to importing items.

    I have never used GCA but I'll give it a go. One of my players has used it.

    Another questions if the collected wisdom of the group will indulge me.

    Any tools to import skills, & advantages, etc?

    @ theshakey01

    I'm in the long in the tooth GURPS crowd (the campaign I'm trying to get on FGU has been running since 1980) and will be happy to answer any GURPS questions here. Others will likely help you with FGU questions.

  6. #1046

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    723
    Minor ruleset update

    GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
    Download latest release from here: http://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
    (Updated: 29th Sep 2020)

    - Fixed: Character sheet labels to work better with the FGU Light and Dark themes.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  7. #1047
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Minor ruleset update

    GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
    Download latest release from here: http://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
    (Updated: 29th Sep 2020)

    - Fixed: Character sheet labels to work better with the FGU Light and Dark themes.
    WOOOOHOOO! Thank you so much. Dark Theme works great now (other than the weird bar that goes across the screen, but I may just put the GURPS hexes in there instead).

  8. #1048

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East Coast USA.
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    ...

    - Fixed: Character sheet labels to work better with the FGU Light and Dark themes.
    Ronnke, just saw this. Thanks for the fix. Is there any way you could look into the way the combat Tracker looks in the dark theme? Current HPs are hard to see againstthe background. Maybe a lighter shade of green?

  9. #1049

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Ronnke, just saw this. Thanks for the fix. Is there any way you could look into the way the combat Tracker looks in the dark theme? Current HPs are hard to see againstthe background. Maybe a lighter shade of green?
    Yeah, can do.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  10. #1050
    Hi! Recently switched to FGU but noticed range modifiers are no longer present. Did I miss something, or would they return, or are they off limits now? It's not hard to look it in the book but I've got so used to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in