DMsGuild Classic
Page 58 of 58 First ... 848565758
    Blog Entries
    Fixed. I'll include it in the latest update.

Blog Entries
    I'm having some issues getting the latest updates uploaded to Smiteworks. I will post an update when we get things resolved!

Please excuse my quite uninformed question: I am new to fantasygrounds - and I don't find a comprehensive tutorial for DCC. Creating and modifying PCs, awarding XP, I really don't get it. Is there a specific tutorial / FAQ for DCC, not a generic one? Thank you!

Blog Entries
    I need to update the user guide in the first post of this thread. We also need some tutorial videos. Fantasy Grounds College is focusing on the DCC ruleset this month if you are interested.

The quick start version is this:
    1. Click the Characters sidebar button and then the green button to create a new PC.
    2. Click the brown button in the bottom right corner of the char sheet followed by the blue button to roll ability scores.
    3. Click the Tables sidebar button and open the lucky roll table (Table 1-2). Roll on the table and drag the result from the chat message to the appropriate field on the Main tab.
    4. Open the occupations table (Table 1-3) and roll. Drag the shortcut (brown circle) from the chat message to the Main tab to add the occupation, and drag the item shortcuts to the Inventory tab.
    5. Click the Classes sidebar button and drag the brown circle for your desired class to the Main tab. Repeat to apply additional levels.

You can adjust the sidebar buttons in the Options window (upper right corner of the desktop) if you don’t see what you need. XP is entered manually - click the class field on the Main tab to access the XP fields.

Hope that clarifies things. For the basics, the 5E ruleset is fairly similar and can be a good resource if you are confused about something. When in doubt try double-clicking a field, push some buttons, right click, drag and drop... you can learn a few things that way too.

Thread Information