FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
  1. #81
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    it was very useful for NPCs too, having to set up certain effects only once on their NPC entries, that would automatically be applied every time it was put on the tracker... for example setting some undead with "IFT: CUSTOM (Necrotic Cyst); DMG: 1d6 melee" or all those monsters that have passive effects always on (and I can't be bothered to click on each entry in the CT to activate for each one). But for now, focus on your thesis and we'll abduct you for extensions once you're set with your PhD :P
    Yeah, I know, but that takes a bit more time to integrate, I think (With the tag approach I can avoid overwriting the EffectManager as rmilmine did for "effects bound to weapons", such that I would just need to add some extra field to NPCs, items etc. which is automatically parsed as an effect to the CT Still a lot to do, but more straightforward then such that it is a bit sooner than later )

  2. #82
    Just work on your thesis, that's more important After that you can brainstorm as much as you want :P

  3. #83
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Just work on your thesis, that's more important After that you can brainstorm as much as you want :P
    hehe

  4. #84
    Kelrugem, maybe add this to your list if it is not to hard.

    It was awsome that you added dice support to effects, but a step further is to add full support for ray of enfeeblement (and other spells)
    Ray of enfeeblement: Strenght reduced by 1d6 + half caster level (max 1d6+5)

    The effect should look like
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL], CAP 5
    What we are lacking is this CAP 5 or any other tricks to make the HCL cap at 5

  5. #85
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Kelrugem, maybe add this to your list if it is not to hard.

    It was awsome that you added dice support to effects, but a step further is to add full support for ray of enfeeblement (and other spells)
    Ray of enfeeblement: Strenght reduced by 1d6 + half caster level (max 1d6+5)

    The effect should look like
    Ray of enfeeblement; STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL], CAP 5
    What we are lacking is this CAP 5 or any other tricks to make the HCL cap at 5
    Thanks for the suggestion

    Yeah, there is certainly some room for better PC tags, I can see what I can do

  6. #86
    And also ways to check for opposed rolls (and possibly, an elf maid to help bathe)

  7. #87
    Hi I have a question does this addon support Tags on weapons.
    so in my setting I have an enchantment that makes armor more effective vs firearms. Basically giving a portion of the armors score to touch for that purpose.
    So looking at this addon I thought I could make it work but the version of it does not have tags for weapons. the idea of my solution to my problem was to have an iftag statement that checked for the firearm tag and give a dodge bonus to compensate.

  8. #88
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Hi I have a question does this addon support Tags on weapons.
    so in my setting I have an enchantment that makes armor more effective vs firearms. Basically giving a portion of the armors score to touch for that purpose.
    So looking at this addon I thought I could make it work but the version of it does not have tags for weapons. the idea of my solution to my problem was to have an iftag statement that checked for the firearm tag and give a dodge bonus to compensate.
    Hi

    At the moment weapon tags are not supported yet, the plan is to implement them in the future, but right now you would need to set up such attacks as an action of a "spellclass" instead

  9. #89
    Well thanks for the reply sad that its not their yet but its good to know it is being worked on.

  10. #90
    It seems like something is not as intended when combining different damage rolls and keldisadvantage.
    So one of my players have a kineticist, and he has set up one damage roll as.
    1d6 even caster level +half con +12 bludgeoning
    1d6 odd caster level +half con +12 electricity

    They where on a plane where they had keldisadvantage on them all the time (insert evil laugh here)
    When we looked into how much damage came from electricity and bludgeoning we noticed something strange.
    Damage was xd6 - number bludgeoning and xd6 + number for electricity.
    The bludgeoning did way less damage, and the static damage value from bludgeoning varied.

    The total was ok, but I suspect that with keldisadvantage it counted how much less it rolled because of disadvantage and substracted that from the first damage type (which was bludgeoning).

    I hope this makes sense, I have not access to my computer to screenshot this now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in