Joshua Stream Pre
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Thanks for that.

I notice that you wrote:

"It can be considered a special ability."

I think that I'm starting to zero in on my problem (and not for the first time, unfortunately):

I see, in the various codified RPGs like Pathfinder, the appearance of rigor... And then I come to expect it.

Another example just popped up in this current quest. I was trying to find the right place (Feat or Special Ability) to put "Swift Poisoning (Ex)". The first thing I found is that, even though it is listed under the Alchemist's Class Features, there is no separately-defined thing called "Swift Poisoning". There's "Swift Poison", and it has the same content. Ok, then what is "Swift Poison"? Is it a Feat or a Special Ability? It's neither. It's a Rogue Talent. What's a Talent? It's something that, apparently, only Rogues and a couple of other classes have.

Anyway, thanks very much for the additional explanations, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

- s.west

p.s. Thanks for the Princess Bride excerpt.
    Last edited by swest; December 9th, 2020 at 19:02. Reason: p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I see, in the various codified RPGs like Pathfinder, the appearance of rigor... And then I come to expect it.
    @Blahness98,

I just looked at this post again, and I wanted to make sure it's not taken the wrong way.

When I talked about the 'appearance of rigor', I was talking about the various RPGs; certainly not your comment that "[Poison Resistance] can be considered a special ability."

I hope I didn't inadvertently offend.

Later,

- s.west

I didn't read it that way at all so no worries about any offense that might have been caused.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I would like to say on behalf of my players and myself, Thank you very much for this expansive module. This is just amazing work. Just...wow. THANK YOU!!!

Thread Information