Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Player upgraded computer - FGC wont load books now

    Greetings.

    I have a player who is having a problem loading books in the game. If we run as administrator, he will be able to load the icons, and it is a little more, but otherwise it won't load any of the books.

    The following picture shows his screen and that he cannot see even the icons for the books he wants to load: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...46/unknown.png

    Additionally - when we try to nuke the data he gets a message that you can see here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

    We have tried a few things. As you can probably tell - we have moved the data file to a new location, and have tried to load as an administrator.

    I have 7 other players who are mostly able to connect without too much issue, and this happened to another player before - but it Just kind of went away.

    I created a new campaign, and he was able to see the icon of the books. Are the NPC monsters listed a big deal? Do they bog down the download speed because I have created about a hundred. I clear the tokens regularly though, so there arent many loaded up, and also the images are limited.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    I'm the player with this issue. I can provide additional data if a solution is not obvious.

  3. #3
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    26,803
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJayde View Post
    Greetings.

    I have a player who is having a problem loading books in the game. If we run as administrator, he will be able to load the icons, and it is a little more, but otherwise it won't load any of the books.

    Additionally - when we try to nuke the data he gets a message that you can see here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png
    Make sure that the Windows user being used to login to the computer has full access to that "ABC" directory structure. It looks like the Windows user only has read-only access to some of it, especially the cache directories.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure that the Windows user being used to login to the computer has full access to that "ABC" directory structure. It looks like the Windows user only has read-only access to some of it, especially the cache directories.
    We tried that with the prior location, but I will give it a shot sometime tomorrow to see if that solves it. Thanks for the reply.

  5. #5
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    26,803
    Make sure you can use the clear cache "nuke" button without error - and that it actually removes contents from that directory listed.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure you can use the clear cache "nuke" button without error - and that it actually removes contents from that directory listed.
    The second picture is what happens when we try to nuke it.

  7. #7
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    26,803
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJayde View Post
    The second picture is what happens when we try to nuke it.
    So it's definitely an issue with that directory.

    Try deleting ABC\cache - you may have to do that as Administrator. Then, as the non-admin user, start up FG and join a game - FG should recreate the cache directory.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So it's definitely an issue with that directory.

    Try deleting ABC\cache - you may have to do that as Administrator. Then, as the non-admin user, start up FG and join a game - FG should recreate the cache directory.
    We tried that as well. It does recreate the directory, but it doesn't seem to make any changes. We also have been trying to run things as administrator to overcome that issue, but it seems to not work either.

  9. #9
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    26,803
    Do a complete uninstall of FG - do that as Administrator. Then, login as the non-admin user and do a new install. Accept the standard FG directories this time.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do a complete uninstall of FG - do that as Administrator. Then, login as the non-admin user and do a new install. Accept the standard FG directories this time.
    The original install had the standard FG directories, but that does sound like a good idea. Ill have him start totally fresh and get it installed new, with no adjustments to the standard directories.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in